Monday, April 19, 2010

What's in the name?

Matthew 5:16 (message translation)
Now that I have put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand-shine! Keep an open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven...
This verse is really speaking to a lot going on in my life right now. First off, we are in transition, living in a two bedroom apartment while our "house on a hilltop" is being built.  I am so so blessed and beyond full of gratitude for the blessing of this house.  In another way, I have felt God saying to me, look at all I have given you, a platform of influence, dozens of employees in our care, a small group we lead, and limitless impact I can have if i just Shine! Staying generous and being open with our lives.  This is an area John and I have been praying through for over a year now. So the blog is another way to be open with my life and I pray God will speak to you with what he speaks to me or stories from our life. I am imperfect at best, but I have a perfect Savior who lives in me, so there are moments of Glory in my life that I want to grab a hold of. So that is what the name is about...  as well as what I am learning these days...

1 comment:

  1. Kylie -

    I can totally relate to these feelings of responsibility and oftentimes pressure. When I'm weighed down from the "burden" to live a Godly life in full view of others, I have to remember to rely on His grace and His ability, not mine. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT on your own understanding." Thank you for your transparency! I look forward to having like conversations en persona later this summer!

    Thank you for

    ReplyDelete