Happy Birthday to my sweet Reese McNeil.
6 years, I cannot believe it! I can remember like it was yesterday, feeling my first contraction (9 days late) and finishing my game of cards with John, showering, doing my hair, and heading to the hospital. 8 short hours later my beautiful 9 pound baby was there!!
You have developed so much into the woman I have prayed for. I prayed these specific things over you in my journal back in January of 05:
A sensitivity to the Holy Spirits leading, a teachable, moldable, obedient heart, a reckless abandon to Truth and out of that an outpouring of love for others, generosity abounding, and a fun and magnetic personality.
You have all of the above! It has been such a neat journey to watch God answer these prayers as he shapes your heart and develops your personality.
Here are a few of the many things I love about you:
- how you always want to be tickled, yet you set parameters before I start (you say "no pitters or feet!)
- how you can color and write for hours a day
- your love for any animals
- how you get so excited when I sit down to play with you
- what a great swimmer you are!
- your love for gymnastics, flipping, and sharing it with others.
- what a great "teacher" you are, to Wheeler, to your friends and to me!
- your questions you have about God. A few of my favorites from this year:
- Why can't we just pray for Satan to believe in Jesus and he can get baptized and then have a kind heart not bad?
- Why can't I hear God talk to me like you do? Why can't he just grow some arms and hug on me sometimes?
- Why doesn't everyone adopt then no one will have to live in orphanages anymore?
- when you say "i have a few questions for you mom" then proceed to ask me tough questions about having babies, getting married, or how our bodies work.
- how you have a cheerful heart (most times) to help out.
- when you wake up early some times you get breakfast for you and Wheeler and tell him to be quiet so we can finish sleeping.
- Your big prayers you pray to God that challenge me to think bigger.
- Your silly laugh and funny faces and funky dancing.
- when you sing when no one knows and make up songs, praise music or sing to songs we know.
You are such a joy to be around and your personality and humor is infectious. It has been an honor being your mom and I look forward to the next six! I can't believe how fast it's gone!