Wednesday, September 28, 2011

7 years

7 years. What an amazing journey it has been. I love this man more now than I ever thought I could, and I am sure I will say that again in another 7 years. I love this picture because it represents what God has done in and through our marriage. I am still in love. I think I had an initial fear that after 3-5 years when you know "all there is to know" about a person, that things wouldn't be as exciting. I was afraid I wouldn't have that excited feeling when I heard the garage door open or his car pull in the driveway. It is so not true. I am still so excited, privileged, and honored to love this man! I pray it is a love that our children see. It is not a perfect love, but I hope it points them to our Savior. Marriage is definitely a process that will show our selfishness and cause us to lean on Jesus. I find that in the hardest of times, I have switched John onto God's throne. I have expected John to fill the places in my heart God only made for himself. John is an amazing man and I am not sure why God poured his grace over me so lavishly when he gave me John. But i am so thankful for a companion that knows me, balances me out, calms me down, challenges me, encourages me, is so in sync with me, and someone that we can walk the difficulties of life with and it actually still be fun! So we celebrated 7 years and I couldn't be more thankful for each day we have had together. Praying God makes an impact on his kingdom because we are stronger together than we would have been apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment