Thursday, September 1, 2011

hurry up and wait

We are approaching the waiting stage. I am waiting on our lady to finish writing up the home study so that I can include it in our petition to the US government to be seen fit as parents (haha...too late i guess). Then I will wait on that approval and stick it in the dossier packet i have waiting to go. Then we wait on Congo government and then wait on a match- or referral as they call it. And if the Lord has us take two children, we will wait on a second referral, then we will wait for Congo to finish court proceedings to give us rights and the child's paperwork to leave the country and the US visa and immigrations  stuff to let the child/children in the country.  I am not a very good wait-er. Especially knowing our children are just sitting in an orphanage when they could be here with us. However, i am trying not to wish the waiting by, but to let God prepare me for what we are walking into.  I have already met opposition, worked through not getting frustrated at people's reactions, and faced disappointment. Even though it has in a sense been a spiritual battle this last week, i find God hasn't let me fight alone.  He has given me more of himself, more confidence and affirmation in what He has called us to, and more joy, excitement, and amazement that he has let me be a part of His story in this way.
Two things that have gotten me through this other than a lot of scripture and prayer is having Bethany Dillon/Matt Hammit's version of in Christ alone on repeat on my iTunes and enjoying kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com. Such a reminder that "from life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny. no power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from his hand. Til he returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I stand."
My prayers for this week
-getting funds ready for the next phase
-for the waiting to be quick and fruitful.
-for our child/children in kinshasa congo. That God is already writing our family into their hearts, protecting their minds and hearts, and giving them peace and comfort.
-for our kids at home that they may continue to have such open hearts, generous spirits, and excitement to share the love they have with new family members.
-for John and I to continue to grow our marriage and into parents that can shepherd these children's hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment